Soy Milk Can Destroy Your Thyroid Gland
Soy milk has become extremely popular around the world nowadays. Since it’s promoted as a healthier alternative to the regular dairy milk, and since many people are trying to have a healthier diet and live a healthier life, we have an increased consumption of this product.
However, there’s a lot of evidence suggesting that soy milk is not a healthy choice. As a matter of fact, some nutritionists even say that it’s not healthy at all. In the article below, we show you 6 good reasons why you should avoid drinking this plant based milk.
6 Good Reasons Why You Should Stop Drinking Soy Milk
1. Soy contains large amounts of the so-called anti-nutrients, or natural toxins. Hence, the intake of just two cups of soy milk a day can cause drastic changes in the menstrual cycle of every woman.
2. Soybean increases the organism’s need for the vitamins B12 and D.
3. Soy contains hemagglutinin, a viral protein causing blood thickening and clumping of the red blood cells.
4. About 99 percent of soy on the market is GMO.
5. The high levels of phytic acid in all soy products inhibit the absorption of many essential minerals, such as magnesium, calcium, zinc and iron.
6. All soy products have high amounts of toxic aluminum. This in turn has negative effects on the kidneys and the nervous system, and is associated with early Alzheimer’s disease.
Moreover, the products that contain soy can disturb the functioning of your thyroid gland. For starters, experts say that soy products can trigger hypothyroidism. Hence, if your thyroid antibodies are elevated, avoid eating any kind of soy products.
So, are you looking for a healthier alternative to milk? Taking the above into consideration, we feel comfortable to say that almond milk is a better choice than soy milk. Why? Because it’s denser, healthier and more nutritious. Plus, you can make it in the comforts of your home!