The Perfect Roasted Cauliflower Recipe That Helps Fight Cancer
Even though is not as used as its cousin the cabbage, or as the increasingly popular antioxidant broccoli, cauliflower can be a very tasteful and healthy meal. It’s also ideal for those looking for a way to lose weight.
10 Reasons Why You Should Eat Cauliflower
- Regular consumption of this cruciferous vegetable reduces the risk of bladder, breast, lung and prostate cancer, as well as non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
- It contains the vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6 and B9, C, E and K, many valuable minerals and beneficial phytochemicals. Also, it’s a good source of fiber and protein.
- Cauliflower contains potassium, a mineral that is very important for the development of bones and muscles.
- It contains isothiocyanates, which prevent the development of cancer cells.
- Regular consumption prevents damage to the body caused by free radicals, as it has powerful antioxidant properties.
- Prevents cardiovascular diseases, has a positive effect on the circulation and it protects the blood vessels.
- Stimulates weight loss.
- Reduces the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Contains glucosinolates, which trigger natural body detoxification. In addition, these natural components prevent the occurrence of certain cancers.
- Regular consumption reduces the symptoms of menopause.
The Perfect Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
For the preparation of this recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large cauliflower head, separated into florets
- 1/3 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- A pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of fresh, chopped parsley
Preheat the oven to 200° C. Put the extra virgin olive oil and the chopped garlic in a clean plastic bag, along with the florets. Shake well, until the florets are nicely covered with oil and garlic. Transfer them in a baking pan and season with salt and black pepper.
Bake for 25 minutes. Stir the florets, pour the Parmesan cheese and parsley, and return them in the oven for another 5 minutes, until golden brown.
Et voilà! Your delicious roasted cauliflower is ready to eat!