Cypress Oil: How To Treat Varicose Veins And Other Amazing Uses
Varicose veins can affect any part of the human body. But most commonly, they occur in the area of the legs and feet. This can be a very painful condition, causing a lot of inconveniences. Many people believe that alternative medical treatments can bring great results. Thus, in this article, we show you how to use cypress oil for the treatment of swollen and enlarged veins.
Acupuncture and acupressure can show very good results in reducing the discomfort of varicose veins. Eventually, these alternative techniques can even help eliminate the problem. Moderate pressure of about 10 minutes a day is enough to prevent deterioration and to improve the condition of the veins. Aromatherapy can also be very effective.
How To Treat Varicose Veins With Cypress Oil
When it comes to aromatherapy treatment of varicose veins, cypress oil has proven to be very effective. When you use this oil topically, mix it with a carrier oil, such as coconut or almond oil.
For this purpose, mix equal parts of cypress and almond oil. You can also add geranium oil, or some other oil of your preference. Dip a cotton ball in the mixture of oil and apply it on your legs, starting from the bottom up, towards the heart. Avoid direct pressure on the veins.
If you use cypress oil alone, apply 2 drops directly on the varicose vein and gently rub the area for about a minute. Repeat the treatment 2 to 3 times a day.
When it comes to using other essential oils, rosemary oil helps stimulate the circulation. Chamomile oil can help soothe the swelling and inflammation, and relieve the unpleasant feeling.
Other Uses Of Cypress Oil
This oil is used for both, medicinal and industrial purposes. Cosmetics companies use it in the production of perfumes, soaps, air fresheners and men’s aftershaves. Medically, it’s used as a massage oil, in inhalation therapy and as a food supplement.
- Cypress vapor can be of great help when you want to calm your mind and running thoughts. This vapor also helps ease the symptoms of asthma, bronchitis, common cold and cough.
- As a massage oil, cypress helps in relieving rheumatism; treats restless leg syndrome, arthritis, varicose veins, muscle cramps; soothes broken skin; heals wounds and cuts; and eases menstrual symptoms.
- Add a few drops of cypress essential oil in your foot bath, to deodorize the smelly skin of your feet.
- Make a compress with a few drops of cypress essential oil, to stop a nosebleed.
- When ingested, it helps reduce water retention and reduces the congestion of the lymphatic system.
This oil is great for deep cleansing of the skin and hair. All you need to do is add 2-3 drops in your regular hair and skin care products and use them as you usually do.