Castor Oil Can Help You Speed Up Healing And Improve Immunity
For centuries, castor oil has been widely used for medicinal purposes in the African and Mediterranean countries, and in India. For instance, the Egyptians used it as a potent natural remedy for irritated skin and eyes, while the Indians know it to be an excellent antibacterial agent and a calming digestive.
Today, healers all over the world, use castor oil in the treatment of a large number of health conditions. Namely, research shows that this oil helps stimulate the immune function, increase the number of white blood cells, and helps the human body get rid of viruses, bacteria, and fungi.
Health Benefits Of Castor Oil
The ricinoleates, present in castor oil, are fatty acids that provide a large number of health benefits.
1. Fight Against Nail Fungus
When applied topically to the infected area, castor oil can help you get rid of the annoying nail fungus. For better results, you can mix the oil with a little bit of baking soda, and apply it on your nails. Repeat the treatment until the fungal infection is gone.
2. Boost Circulation And Improve Immunity
Adequate blood flow and immunity depend on each other. This oil helps improve circulation and oxygen release throughout the body, and therefore, improves the lymphatic drainage, detoxification, and other functions of the immune system.
3. Promote Healthy Digestion
Castor oil has mild laxative properties, which help improve the digestion process and relieve constipation.
Also, when applied topically to the abdominal region, it can help regulate bowel movement and increase energy levels.
4. Balance Hormones And Improve Libido
The hormonal balance in the human body largely depends on the absorption of fat molecules in the digestive tract. Castor oil improves this function, and therefore, helps balance hormones naturally.
In addition, hormonal balance and proper detoxification stimulate the work of the reproductive system, and relieves the symptoms of menopause, mood swings, depression, and fatigue.
5. Accelerate Birth Contractions
Since ancient time, this oil has been used as a natural stimulator to induce labor. Nowadays, this alternative method is backed up by science. Namely, research shows that castor oil has no side effects, and that when given to pregnant women orally, it helps accelerate the contractions of the uterus.
6. Relieve The Symptoms Of Arthritis
Many health experts consider castor oil a natural treatment for arthritis, by helping relieve joint pain, inflammation, and swelling. The anti-inflammatory properties make this oil ideal for massaging sore muscles and aching joints.
7. Skin Health
When it comes to skin healing, castor oil works in a similar way to coconut oil, and acts as a natural antibacterial agent. It penetrates deep into the skin and acts as a good skin moisturizer, treats imperfections, and slows down the aging process. In addition, it accelerates the process of wound healing and helps fight skin inflammations and irritations, like acne, dry skin, and sunburns.
8. Hair Health
Castor oil can help you boost the health of your hair. Namely, it helps stimulate hair growth, hydrates, prevents split ends, promotes hair thickness and treats scalp infections.
Castor Oil Safety Precautions
– Before using this oil topically, you should do a skin test. Apply a few drops on your skin, to detect allergic reactions.
– Probably, the best-known side effect is the ability of castor oil to induce strong birth contractions, which can sometimes lead to premature birth or even miscarriage. Thus, pregnant women should not use this oil, unless prescribed by their gynecologist. For instance, right before labor, when it’s given to speed up birth contractions.
– When taken orally, this oil causes strong laxative effects. If you take it a large dose, it may result in a severe dehydration that can sometimes be fatal.
– Overdose may also cause skin rash, abdominal cramps, diarrhea, nausea, dizziness, hallucinations, fainting, shortness of breath, or chest pain.
– People who have problems with bleeding should not use castor oil orally.
Finally, keep this oil out of children’s reach. And, always consult a health expert before you use it, and when you have questions or concerns about the use of this powerful natural remedy.